Have you ever tried starting a conversation with your student about their future only to find out they aren't interested in talking? You're not alone! It can be difficult to start a conversation with your student about their career plans.
Helpful tips to get the conversation started with your student about their career:
- Do you know where the Career Services office is located on campus?
- What are some of your current interests? Have you thought about what you would like your like to be like in 5 years? 10 years?
- Do you have a dream job? Why does this job interest you so much?
- Have you heard about any career fairs on campus?
- Which classes are you doing the best in? Which classes do you enjoy the most?
- What do you consider to be your top three skills?
- Have you considered pursuing an internship experience?
- What are your thoughts about going to graduate school?
- Do you know about programs and opportunities to perform service after you graduate like with Peace Corps or Teach for America?
Opportunities to Get Involved & Gain Experience
Published: May 29th, 2013
Published: Nov 19th, 2012